3 days conference is exhausting. But it did worth it!
I like the most of the conference is the Open Space.
It’s just amazing! I couldn’t imagine how three hundreds people can be self-organized to work out a day agenda in half a hour. But the result was so surprising. There were three scenes I just couldn’t believe.
- the topic volunteer session had been closed in 30 mins and more than 30 topics were proposed
- at the end everybody liked at least one session they participated
- the voice of machine ending was so fantastic! (i hope i can find the video)
I can’t tell the magic of self-organization. But it’s really powerful!
Here is a list of all topics I liked.
- The systemic Scrum Master – Marc Loeffler
Take away: PASSION model(Passion, Adaptable, Strong vision, Strength oriented, Independent, Oneness, Nimble)
Day 2 Open space
- Role Play: Coach uncoachable coachee – Sebastian Keller
Take away: show empathy to uncoachable coachees
- Agile games – Christo
Take away: Name for multitasking; Non-music chair for new group; Airplane factory for scrum team work
- Presentation Karaoke
Take away: build up presentation skill and have fun
- Doing half the work in twice the time – Wolfgang Richter
Take away: being lazy might be productive, efficient and effective; sleep urgency for two days
- Selling the “Fluffy” Side of Scrum – Paul Goddard and Geoff Watts
Being emphatic and neutral
Having hope of all challenges
Visualize the hope
- Experimenting and learning with Origami – Tom Mellor
Take away: how to deal with “bad” product owner
(with Tom Mellor, ex-chairman of Scrum Alliance, a funny guy:)
- Dealing with Uncertainty – Nigel Baker, a brillant guy
Take away: passion + Zen
READ THESE BOOKS
The last but not the least, new friends brought much more fun!
(From left to right: Dymitri, Anna, Donna, Tom and me)